Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm still here..

..tying up some loose ends before Cataclysm and the world explodes, raiding and getting use to the new (and improved) Bear.

An update in the form of achievements:

October 22nd, 2010 - Hero of the Zandalar Tribe

This was mandatory for obvious reasons.

October 22nd, 2010 - World Explorer

Why did I wait so long to run around Azeroth for a couple of hours? I'll never be able to give a non BS answer to that question..seems silly now that I'm done and have all of those yummy chieve points.

October 23rd, 2010 - Champion of Ulduar

For the longest time all I needed was to kill Mimiron without a death. A group of guildies went in and made quick work of the place. Flawless run...except a over ambitious and probably a tad nervous Boomkin pulling threat from our Paladin tank on General Vezax and going SPLAT. A couple of people in the group didn't get the achievement so we'll be going back soon to finish it up.

October 23rd, 2010 - 3000 Quests Completed

Pretty nice title, but I had my eyes on a much more specific prize.

October 25th, 2010 - The Loremaster

It was a good thing I leveled heavily in Kalimdor and before heirlooms were introduced. When I started to consider doing this achievement I was already half-way done, just from questing. So I started off slow, testing the waters if you will to see if I could hack it, and then plunged head first into Kalimdor. Slowly but surely Easter Kingdoms followed.

My biggest advice for fellow wowies looking to complete this time consuming achievement. Download these three addons:
  1. Light Headed - Enables a panel that extends from the in-game quest log that shows comments and some general information from WowHead. This addon is priceless.
  2. Every Quest - Adds a small button to the in-game quest log, that has every quest in the game, listed by zone and organized to show the ones you've completed, are on, abandoned, and still need to do! It's probably the most useful tool for Loremaster.
  3. Tom Tom - This addon pairs amazing well with Light Headed. Basically it allows you to click any coordinates that show up in-game (addons, chat, etc) and it will show a GPS type arrow to guide you to that coordinate. (This addon is also incredibly useful for "discovery points" while doing the World Explorer achievement. People on Wowhead have taken the time to create macros that will add a waypoint for every discovery point in a zone, then it's just a simple matter of following the arrow until the zone is complete.)
October 25th, 2010 - The Horseman's Reins

While I'm rushing through Loremaster to finish as many quests as I can before I start to lose steam, my significant other forces me to do the Headless Horseman, just in case the mount drops. Much to my surprise I get the mount, nice little bonus as I work through the last 75 quests in Easter Kingdom.

October 26th, 2010 - Classic Dungeonmaster

I had some really random dungeons to clean up. Gnomeregan, Uldaman, Stratholme to name a few.

October 26th, 2010 - The Argent Dawn/The Argent Champion

A product of finishing Loremaster of Eastern Kingdom.

Still no Heroic Lich King, not in 10 and certainly not in 25. I'm hoping this changes in the next month.

1 comment: