Thursday, January 13, 2011

Is this fo realz?

Loaded up MMO-Champion this morning and I see this little "gem"..
Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.
Isn't that the entire point of being a Druid? You sacrifice a certain amount of utility or damage but make up for that somewhat by being difficult to CC?

I'm not a hardcore PvP player by any stretch of the imagination, I have done my fair share of arenas and even hit a 2k arena rating back near the beginning of WotLK, but this is kind of class breaking. Maybe I shouldn't say "class" breaking, more like "spec" breaking. There are worse nerfs that could hit Balance and Restoration Druids but being able to move is a staple part of what makes a Feral Druid..a Feral Druid!

As far as an argument is concerned (I don't want to sound like a whiny baby) I'd like to point out that there are still plenty of ways to CC a Feral Druid.
  • Cyclone
  • Hibernate
  • Scare Beast
  • Any Disorients
  • Deep Freeze, Ring of Frost
  • FEAR
  • All Stuns..
I probably missed some and honestly that's not even the point. Before this change even goes through any class that has a snare effectively reduces the damage a Feral can do by a drastic amount. Sure we CAN switch out of snares and sure we HAVE to, but that wastes a GCD and as a Feral you are practically forced to do it because snares are normally of the spammable type. You want to do damage? Well then you better power shift often or you'll never catch that mage!

I guess the real reason this makes me sad, if I'm being honest, is just the thought of Feral Druids losing their mobility. That's what it means to be a Feral and even though I don't take PvP seriously (who has time if you raid?), I still don't even like the the idea of Ferals losing such a defining aspect of their spec.

Sky is falling?

Nah, we'll adapt and move on. That's all you can really do...that's what you HAVE to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment