Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Remind me to never do that again..

So I admittedly had nothing to post about yesterday and when I went to MMO Champion and saw the news about the Real ID changes being made on the official forums I immediately wanted to post my opinion on the changes.

Well so did pretty much every other blog I have in my reader and so the news part at the very least was pretty redundant. Is that a bad thing? Personally I don't mind going to other blogs and seeing what others opinions are about a given news topic..so maybe it's not that bad..anyone else feel differently?

As for today - I quite enjoyed filling out this survey originally posted on sorry caps and brought to my attention by Jasyla on Cannot be Tamed so I figured I'd post my answers here.


1. Raider, farmer, PvPer, or altoholic?
Raider that dabbles with alts on occasion, far from a farmer.

2. Favorite raid or dungeon?
Karazhan - one of the best designed raids. It was unique because it was strictly 10 man, and I think Blizzard really has a knack for 10 man raid design. To further prove my point - my second favorite dungeon: Zul'Aman

3. Number one choice for a new playable race?

I love Tauren too much to want to play anything else.

4. Class you suck the most at?

I guess I would have to say Warrior or warlock only because any time I try to level one I can never make it out of the 20s, not sure why but it's probably because I suck at them.

5. Original UI or modded UI?

Modded. Grid/Bartender/X-perl/SexyMap/TinyTip are standard for any character I play.

6. Profession you’ve never leveled past 200?

Inscription and jewel crafting. Should probably switch my druids alchemy to jewel crafting though eventually.

7. Favorite flying mount?

Alar, which I have seen drop at least 4 times but do no have on my druid. =[

8. Nozdormu — friend or foe, you figure?

Foe for sure and probably a good place to mention that I absolutely hate grinding reputations, especially vanilla reputations.

9. Useless item you have in your bank that you’ll never get rid of?

No comment. Really it's quite pathetic.

10. Most expensive thing you’ve ever bought?

This. Not really a big gold spender. Thinking about buying a hog soon though.

11. Favorite starting area?

Honestly I don't have one because I hate the 1-10 experience right now, from what I've seen this will probably change in Cataclysm. If I had to pick though I would say the Blood elf zone is nice because it's much more like BC questing, very cut and dry and efficient questing.

12. Inane goal you worked hardest to achieve?

I guess farming rep for The Mag'har. Like I said not a huge fan of farming reputations or gathering achievements.

13. Darion Mograine VS Tirion Fordring, gloves off — winner is?

Tirion, not really sure why.

14. Game music or your own playlist?

Own playlist always. With the exception of my first LK kill for the cinematic at the end.

15. Particular option or setting that you always toggle on a new alt/server?

Too many to count/list because I have to set my UI up fully before I seriously level an alt.

16. Highest amount of levels gained in one play session?

If you count from level 1 up probably like 12 to 15. Especially with full heirloom gear.  It's just so easy now..

17. Thing you’d most like to experience or see in-game?

Even though the guild I am in right now is quite good and relatively far progression wise - I'd love to raid even if for just one night with a top 3 guild it would be an awesome experience.

18. Worst PuG moment?

When I first hit 80 on my druid in Cataclysm my girlfriend and I started to ease into heroics, and not knowing which ones were easier than others we started with Azjol-Nerub which in fresh WotLK leveling gear is quite difficult to tank for the first time. It was a miserable experience and I started to second guess if switching from my mage was a mistake in Wrath.

19. Best dungeon/raid moment?

Recently tanking Heroic 25m Sindragosa and popping cooldowns and battle rezzing the other tank, I love being a hybrid and I especially love being a druid.

20. Worst quest ever that you totally hate doing?

I've only done it once and it was actually quite recently doing the 140 quest achievement in Icecrown, but I solo'd everything except this one quest because you need at least two people because of a silly cooldown on the item need.

21. First thing you do when you hit 80?

Beg people to carry me through heroics? Oh no wait I know...completely stop playing that character and start leveling a new alt or come crawling back to my druid.

22. Character (of yours) you would RP as if you had to?

Druid, no question and no explanation needed.

23. Keyboard, mouse, or both for using abilities?

Keyboard.

24. Thottbot or WoWhead?

When I first started playing WoW I for some reason hated WoWhead and refused to use anything beside Thottbot, now it's completely the opposite.

25. Acronym you’ve seen in chat but don’t understand?

For a while I had no idea what QFT meant. Which is silly since Google knows all.

26. Plot point you’d like to see resolved someday?

Meh..I've got nothing.

27. Biggest thing you’re looking forward to in Cataclysm?

Any and all things feral druid. Especially feral tanking and the changes being made to make it a bit less dull.

28. Guild event you’d like to see?

Guild ToGC 25 with 50 attempts (we are really close to this), and a Ulduar Mimiron head run.

29. Level range you hate being in?

70-80. I have multiple toons stuck at this level range..not because I hate leveling, I actually quite like it, but it's difficult making the transition from BC/new-vanilla questing to regular speed questing.

30. Favorite map to quest in?
Nagrand. I love the map design/art, look and feel, the sky, and the efficiency of quests.

No comments:

Post a Comment